Should QuickSwap Increase Stakers’ Freedom by Separating The Dragon’s Lair from Syrup Pools? Upcoming Governance Vote
- Last week, we introduced a discussion forum about whether QuickSwap should change our rewards structure to separate Dragon’s Lair staking from Syrup Pools.
- If approved, this would mean that users could either stake their QUICK via the Dragon’s Lair to earn more QUICK or stake their QUICK to earn rewards tokens via Dragon’s Syrup, or some combination thereof, but they would not be forced to choose both at once.
- To be clear, users can still have the Dragon’s Lair and drink their Syrup too, just not with the same QUICK token simultaneously.
- This will increase the separate APYs of both Dragon’s Lair and Dragon’s Syrup pools, since they will no longer be split amongst users. Overall total payouts will not change.
- Additionally, this change will attract large institutional investors who do not want to actively manage their funds by withdrawing from Syrup Pools as they expire.
- After much debate, it seems that the majority of our active community is on board with this proposal. Thus, we will introduce a governance vote.
- The snapshot for the vote will take place on Friday, January 7th.
- The vote will begin immediately after the snapshot and will run until Friday, January 14th.
- Details about the proposal, voting eligibility, and how to participate in QuickSwap’s upcoming governance vote follow.
Read the full article on our official blog here: https://blog.quickswap.exchange/posts/separating-dragons-lair-from-syrup
Make sure to join QuickSwap on all social media channels to stay up-to-date and in-the-know on all things QuickSwap — the Polygon ecosystem’s leading DEX.