Should QuickSwap Do a Token Split to Make $QUICK More Appealing?
QuickSwap is introducing the first phase in our governance vote about whether or not we should do a token split to make $QUICK — our native governance and utility token — more appealing.
- This vote was originally scheduled for March 10–15. It was rescheduled and will now take place from March 12-March 17.
- Last week, we opened a discussion forum about the possibility of doing a token split to redenominate QUICK’s total supply
- If approved, this would mean that QUICK’s maximum supply would increase, but every QUICK holder would receive an equivalent amount of xQUICK, relative to the supply increase the community agrees upon
- We believe that redenominating QUICK and thus making the price per unit lower, will make the asset more appealing to those who are impacted by unit bias
- After much debate, it seems as though much of our community is now on board with the idea of a split, though we haven’t yet reached consensus on whether a 1:100 split or 1:1000 split is best
- Thus, we would like to introduce governance votes in two phases:
First, we will vote on whether or not we should do a split at all
If the first vote passes, we will then vote on whether we should do a 1:100 split or a 1:1000 split
- The snapshot for the first vote will take place on Saturday, March 12th
- The vote will begin immediately after the snapshot and will run until Thursday, March 17th
- If the vote passes, we will announce further details about the next phase of voting
- Details about the proposal, voting eligibility, and how to participate in QuickSwap’s upcoming governance vote follow
Read the full article on our official blog here: https://blog.quickswap.exchange/posts/should-quickswap-do-a-token-split
Make sure to join QuickSwap on all social media channels to stay up-to-date and in-the-know on all things QuickSwap — the Polygon ecosystem’s leading DEX.