QuickSwap Governance Discussion: Should We Move Forward With A V3 ‘Concentrated Liquidity’ Model?
Dragonites, today we are excited to discuss with you the possibility of implementing the most significant upgrade in QuickSwap’s history. We are ready to take an incredible step forward in our evolution to remain the number one DEX on Polygon. Are you, the QuickSwap community, ready to take the next step forward with us?
UniSwap’s V3 DEX model — with lower trading fees and concentrated liquidity pools — has proven to be the most efficient DEX model to date. We’re ready to compete and take our volume back as well as corner a larger share of the overall market from other competing DEXs. To do this we’ve been working quietly in the background to launch our own concentrated liquidity model. We come to you today to discuss the official acquisition of the license for this V3 protocol, which we believe will make us stronger than ever.
- DeFi moves fast. Automated Market Maker (AMM) V2 DEXs are becoming obsolete in the face of new more capital-efficient models.
- QuickSwap would like to acquire a V3 protocol’s code license and shift to this new concentrated liquidity paradigm.
- We’ve negotiated terms with what we believe is a stellar protocol.
- We need up to a maximum of $350,000 from the treasury to pay for two audits (it could be less than this, this is the maximum possible)
- This acquisition will help QuickSwap regain most of the volume we’ve recently lost to competitors.
- Additionally, this will distribute capital more efficiently within the Polygon ecosystem and provide better liquidity and access to dynamic fees that fluctuate based on volatility.
- We value your input, which is why we’re introducing this discussion before conducting a governance vote.
- We would like to move quickly and we hope to pass this proposal so that we can start regaining some of the volume we’ve lost to competitors.
- Please read through this entire post carefully before forming an opinion.
- Once you’ve read through, visit our Reddit discussion forum to ask any questions and/or discuss with the community: https://www.reddit.com/r/QuickSwap/comments/vgzzkl/governance_discussion_should_we_move_forward_with/
- We’re running a simultaneous discussion about introducing an isolated lending and borrowing market to increase yield opportunities and create additional revenue. Read more about that here.
Read the full article on our official blog here: https://blog.quickswap.exchange/posts/quickswap-governance-discussion-should-we-move-forward-with-a-v3-concentrated-liquidity-model
Make sure to join QuickSwap on all social media channels to stay up-to-date and in-the-know on all things QuickSwap — the Polygon ecosystem’s leading DEX.