QuickSwap Dragon Dispatch: April & May 2022 Newsletter
QuickSwap’s community has been busy in April and May. We’ve talked about and submitted multiple governance votes that will affect the future of our DEX and token. Besides the token split, and other new features that we plan to add to our new UI, we also tried our best to take good care of each other. If the last two months have proved anything, it’s that the QuickSwap community is strong, and we’re here to build a legacy.
Here’s everything you need to know about what happened with QuickSwap in April & May 2022.
Major Highlights 🔥
- On April 11th, US-based users were able to use Transak to buy Polygon’s native coin, MATIC, with credit/debit card directly on QuickSwap
- On May 2nd, QuickSwap’s token split officially began. Users of QuickSwap’s New UI were able to convert their Old $QUICK to New $QUICK for a 1000x increase
- We also moved our new UI from its alpha version to beta. You can check it out here: beta.quickswap.exchange/#/
- QuickSwap DEX scored an 80% pass rate on the DefiSafety Process Quality Review
- On May 13th, QuickSwap (along with several other DeFi protocols) suffered a domain hijacking attack. We quickly regained control of the protocol and moved QuickSwap to a more secure domain hosting service. On May 20th, we initiated a governance vote to create an endowment for those who were affected by the hijacking. 61.1% voted in favor of the proposal and the funds were distributed on May 30th
- Ritzy — an experienced software developer and security analyst — joined our development team full-time
- On May 27th, we introduced a governance discussion about whether QuickSwap should feature a predictions market built by PRDT Finance to increase revenue to Dragon’s Lair stakers and the QuickSwap Foundation. With the community behind the proposal, we moved to vote on May 30th. The vote concluded on June 3rd with 98.6% in favor, and the predictions market went live on June 10th.
- The token split continued as we added the option to convert to our legacy UI and added liquidity mining rewards for LPs of New QUICK pools
QuickSwap Monthly Stats 📊
- TVL: $633.12 Million
- Syrup Rewards Distributed: $1.004 Million
- Trading Volume (30 days): $867 Million
- Dragon’s Lair Rewards: $420,000
- TVL: $418.55 Million
- Syrup Rewards Distributed: $735,000
- Trading Volume: $1.13 Billion
- Dragon’s Lair Rewards: $500,000
Partnerships & Integrations
- DeFiner — You can now borrow, lend and earn QUICK tokens on DeFiner
- QuickSwap partnered with Transak to offer customers the opportunity to buy $MATIC directly from their debit or credit cards
- QuickSwap Dragon Dispatch: March 2022 Monthly Newsletter, April 1st
- How to Buy MATIC Directly from US Debit/Credit Card or Apple Pay Using Transak’s Fiat On-Ramp on QuickSwap, April 11th
- How to Convert Your Old QUICK to New QUICK & 1000x Your Holdings, April 29th
- QuickSwap’s GoDaddy Domain Hijack: How it Happened & Our Proposal to Restore the Community, May 19th
- QuickSwap Governance Discussion: Should We Feature a Predictions Market Built by PRDT Finance?, May 27th
- Should QuickSwap Feature a Predictions Market Built by PRDT Finance?, May 29th
- Professor Dragonsby is working hard to educate new DeFi users and talked about the difference between APY & APR.
- “QuickSwap, the Largest Decentralized Exchange on Polygon” podcast where Nicole Grinstead (LDA’s CCO) was invited to talk about DeFi and Layer-2 platforms.
- On April 22nd, Sameep Singhania, our co-founder, participated in the “Borderless Finance: DeFi for the rest of the world” panel hosted by Init(Metaverse): DeFi Bytes online conference.
- “Crypto Services Targeted by Massive Phishing Scam: Here’s How It Happened”, in U Today by Vladislav Sopov, May 14th
- “Multiple DeFi Protocols Compromised in GoDaddy Hack”, in Tron Weekly by Lipia Deka, May 15th
- “Elite Token Announces NFT Drop and Cross-Platform Metaverse Game ‘Runiverse’”, in Mint, May 25th
As May wraps up, we can’t wait to share the news about everything we have planned for the future. In the coming month, QuickSwap aficionados should expect to learn more about QuickSwap’s tentative roadmap, see more governance discussions and proposals, and learn about some partnerships we’ve been working on for a long time. Growing our community is of the utmost importance to us, and we can’t wait to share more about what we have in store next!
That’s it for the April & May Dragon Dispatch. Let us know if you have any questions about our recent developments, and remember to follow us on social media to stay up-to-date on all things QuickSwap — Polygon’s most-established DEX.